Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How did I miss this???

Considering my love of Mad Men and the fact that I just recently wrote an article myself about the role nostalgia plays in the show's construction (not yet published, but I'll link to it when it is), it's absolutely shameful that I missed Melissa Harris-Perry's discussion of the show (especially since the discussion also included Tim Wise and I just wrote about Harris-Perry for Ms.!). This is what happens when you cancel your cable. (Although I can honestly say that this might be the only downside. Watching New Girl and 30 Rock (among other things) on Hulu when I want to watch them is so much more fulfilling than wasting away hours staring, glazed-eyed and slack-jawed, at the Food Network.)

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Click through to Harris-Perry's website here.

[Also, I just discovered by accident that my Ms. essay on Mad Men is discussed and linked in the show's Wikipedia article under the "Sexism" section. Cool.]

No comments: