Monday, April 27, 2009

Two videos to brighten your Monday

This is from a few months ago, but I just discovered it: Carrie Fisher roasts George Lucas at the AFI Life Achievement Awards. As I recently re-watched Star Wars and have always adored Princess Leia (and, quite separately, Fisher herself), who is quite a feminist character (at least in the first two movies), this seemed appropriate:



And, for your further Monday cheering, check out the March 11 episode of Amy Poehler's Smart Girls at the Party (H/T Choices Feminist Campus):

2 comments:

Erin Hoagland said...

Oh Dear God, thank you so much for posting that Carrie clip. I remember seeing that the night it aired and not being able to breathe for the laughter. I did the same tonight.

That woman knocks my socks off and has since I was seven years old.

Thank you for reminding me what it feels like to snort while laughing. Thank God I live alone!

Aviva DV said...

So glad you enjoyed it! I just discovered it the other day and laughed my butt off...